I am a…
- My wife and I have been married for over 20 years.
- We met as students at Cedarville College (now University) in Cedarville, Ohio, where we both studied education. I later did masters work at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and doctoral studies at Marquette University
- Pastor. I am currently Associate Pastor at Fellowship Baptist Church in Racine, Wisconsin. Before that I was staff elder at Union Christian Church in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, where I was responsible for preaching, teaching, and leading. I also played guitar and lead worship.
- Teacher. Teaching is one of the things I most enjoy doing. Currently my main teaching outlet is in the church but I actively pursue other opportunities. Prior to entering the pastorate, I taught high school Bible and Spanish. I have done pastoral training in Russia, Chile, and Honduras.
- Reader. If I have a hobby it is reading. I read broadly in theology, history, and science. I am particularly interested in intellectual history. My fiction reading is usually mysteries. You can get an idea of what I’m reading from the blog.